Sunday 7 September 2014

Requested: Vitiligo Awareness Makeup 6th September 2014


The next look was requested by a beautiful girl named Tayma,
she has a disorder known as Vitiligo.
 
 
 Vitiligo is a condition that causes depigmentation of parts of the skin.
It occurs when skin pigment cells die or are unable to function.
 
 
World Vitiligo Day (25th June) is an annual day specially dedicated to people with Vitiligo, it aims to increase awareness of Vitiligo and raise funds needed for research and education. 

 
Tayma noticed my post, on the Facebook group 'The MakeUp Social',
about PCOS and found me on Instagram.
She then requested I do a look to raise awareness for Vitiligo,
which I had never heard of. I went online and researched it a little more,
found out what the awareness colours are and went from there.

 
I would just like to say Tayma, you're a beautiful person.
I can't thank you enough for your time and effort writing about me in a blog post.
Random acts of kindness can change someone's whole day.
 
Starting this journey of creating awareness is something I have thought about for a long time, but never really thought it was possible.
Anything is possible, if you remain positive and keep smiling.
I am so glad I pushed my anxiety and low self-esteem aside and just went for it.
I love to help people, it's something that makes me feel good, as well as them.
I hope you all enjoyed this look and learnt something new today,
I also hope I create inspiration inside of you to do something to help someone else.

Please check out Tayma's blog and her post about Vitiligo
http://bloodtintedbeauty.blogspot.com.au/
 
If you would like to donate to World Vitiligo Day
please visit their website
>> www.25june.org/pages/donate <<

2 comments: